Sunday, 26 June 2011

Spring in York

Spring time in York! Love those daffs! Here are a few of my favorite pictures that I took on a lovely afternoon walking around the York city walls and into Museum Gardens.
I'm not quite tiptoeing through the tulips, but I am enjoying the lovely sunshine the daffs provide!
On a glorious Saturday morning, I was able to climb to the top of York Minster Tower; something that I've been wanting to do for a long while. We couldn't have picked a better day! I am taking all of these next shots from the very top of the highest tower. It was quite a narrow and windy climb to get up there. I was almost feeling a bit sick from the constant winding of the narrow stairs that went up and up and up.
There is York from the bird's eye view. I will always love those red tiled roofs!
This is a picture of me and my friend Angela. Angela is from Canada and is a PhD student in History too. She's always up for adventures and was willing to come along with me and enjoy the day out.
I zoomed in on the carvings on my way down. You just don't see these sorts of things from the ground. While I was taking that picture, a recorded message came over a hidden speaker that said 'Keep moving back down. Do not stop. Keep moving back down.' It startled me, actually and at first I thought I was in trouble for stopping to take a picture. But the message was one of those they repeatedly play and that made me feel better.

This is a view of the Treasurer's House which is adjacent to the Minster. It's the place where the Roman Soldier ghosts are reported to have been seen multiple times. The guy who owned it last was an eccentric old Bachelor and he was a collector of fine furniture. So, the house is worth seeing and we did that, though we were not allowed to take photographs inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment