This last one is a picture I did for Caroline Oliver. Caroline is one of the spunkiest girls around! She's the ultimate hostess and makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome--thus I drew a Daffodil for her. Daffodils are a warm and welcoming flower and I felt that it was a good representation for her. Caroline does a lot for other people and I appreciate her very much.
Sunday, 24 January 2010
Artwork
These are pictures of some of the artwork I have managed to do in my spare time. I thought they might be fun to show to more than the people they were intended for. I've discovered for myself how mentally exhausting working on a PhD is and it is important to have some kind of creative outlet in order to rejuvinate my tired brain and to unwind a bit.
The top photograph is of a picture I did for my mother. She is in the process of publishing the music she has composed for some of the poetry in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and this picture is the cover of the book. What you see is my representation of the scene in Bag End when Frodo first learns about his ring. Gandalf has just set the ring in the fire to see if it is the'One Ring'. He hands it back to Frodo after ascertaining that it is indeed the One Ring and thus begins Frodo's long journey. In the distance I have put Mt. Doom as his distant goal. Anyway, I was pleased with it and have since added some typsetting and it will be seen in future as the front cover of my mother's book of music.
The second picture is one I did for a very good friend--Elizabeth Feil. I've actually been trying to get this one done for ages and finally managed to do so. I'm a bit slower with color than with charcoal pencils. This picture represents Elizabeth's lovely, bright personality and how much I have appreciated her friendship, especially since coming to England. She has been a really nice bright spot in a lot of dark and difficult times and I am extremely blessed to have her as a friend.
This third picture I drew for my current roommate Debbie Baldock. She loves Winnie the Pooh and she also has a very pleasant and fun personality. The excitement with which Pooh approaches his honey is the same excitement with which Debbie approaches her life. She's a fun person to be around and is another great blessing in my life.
This fourth picture is one I did for Rose Richardson. Obviously I drew a Rose because that is Rose's name, but Rose is one of the kindest people I have ever known and Rosemary is a perfect name for her. If I could be as nice to other people as Rose is, I'd feel like I had accomplished something worthwhile. I've been very grateful that she has been so kind to me.

This last one is a picture I did for Caroline Oliver. Caroline is one of the spunkiest girls around! She's the ultimate hostess and makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome--thus I drew a Daffodil for her. Daffodils are a warm and welcoming flower and I felt that it was a good representation for her. Caroline does a lot for other people and I appreciate her very much.
This last one is a picture I did for Caroline Oliver. Caroline is one of the spunkiest girls around! She's the ultimate hostess and makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome--thus I drew a Daffodil for her. Daffodils are a warm and welcoming flower and I felt that it was a good representation for her. Caroline does a lot for other people and I appreciate her very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment