Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Molls and Gangstas


Hello again! It's nice to be posting something at last. These pictures are from a Single Adult Activity that we went to in March, I believe. It was a dress-up dance and the theme was essentially the 1930's. The first picture you see Debbie and I together. A word about my costume--I improvised in a major way. I wore a long black sheath dress that I brought with me from the US and was able to find the lacy shawl at a Charity shop for 2 pounds and the red thing was something I used in the pantomime. Debbie kindly picked me up the white feather from the costume shop where she rented her costume and there I was! It worked great and was cheap and that's a win/win situation when you're a tightly budgeted student!
This next picture has another girl in it. Her name is Anna Gibson and she isn't someone I know very well at all. But, I guess she felt like she wanted to be in our pictures, so she sort of jumped in without an invitation. She's from somewhere down London way and that's all I know.

Another one of us three.

This last one is of me and Rose Richardson. Rose had a great little costume complete with a fake cigarette that let off puffs of white dust when you blew on the end of it. She was very proud of that thing, let me tell you! And how was the dance itself? Well, I spent most of the evening going around meeting people and trying to get acquainted with more of them. It can be a chore to get Single Adults to associate with people outside their little group of familiars. It was a bit exhausting, but I did my best. I did meet a lot of people from the Oxford area and from South End and Birmingham, so that was something. Not that I will see any of those people again because they live too far away for meeting regularly. Anyway, there you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment