Sunday, 16 March 2008

Spring in York

If anyone besides me loves spring flowers, this is the place to visit! There are bright yellow daffodils everywhere in York and it makes me so happy walking by and enjoying their beauty. So, I thought I share a few of my favorite pictures so you could enjoy them as well! I'm not sure why yellow is the popular color, but it is.Below is a nice shot taken in Museum park--about five minutes south from where I live.
This next shot is also in Museum park. The ruins in the back are all that remains of a cathedral.
Here you can see the Roman walls in the back ground. There are daffodils all along the walls and it's absolutely gorgeous! I already loved the walls, but I love them even more with daffodils growing along side.

And finally, a glimpse of Clifford tower. The entire hill is covered with golden blossoms and it's quite a sight to see! For you Lord of the Rings fans, it reminds me of the little golden Elanor flowers mentioned in Loth-lorien and how they dot the green grass there.

No comments:

Post a Comment