
Hello! I looked at my blog postings and discovered that there were not any pictures of Castle Howard, so here are a few. It's such a lovely place that you all need to take a look at it and the pictures I posted on the Daffodil walk did NOT give you any idea of this grand place. I hope these will help. This first picture is of the house itself. A noble family with a title of Earl live here still. They have two children, twins I believe, with some lordly names like Octavia and Maximus (or something along those lines) but the family lives in only one part of the house and has opened the rest for visitors. I have been inside and it was very grand.

Here is a shot of the house from across the water. There is plenty of water here as well as water fowl and other wildlife.

Here is a view of the house and the fountain from out in one of the various gardens. There are several.

And, of course, a shot of me by the Atlas fountain. Very nice, I must say. These pictures were taken in 2007 when Liz Feil and I traveled around Yorkshire together. It's definitely worth a visit here if anyone wants to come and check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment