
Here we are climbing through the fresh snow up to the top of the Hill Cumorah. The place where Joseph was given the plates. It's a neat view from up here and it was quite a climb in the snow. The hills in this area just kind of pop up out of no where and this hill is no different. This slope that you can see is where they hold the annual Hill Cumorah Pageant in July.

Here we are at the top! There is a nice monument to Moroni. We came on a nice, windless day, but normally there is quite a breeze up here, I understand. I'm glad it wasn't blowing. I hate cold wind!

Here we are at the Grandin Building where the Book of Mormon was first published. It's a fun place to visit and you learn a lot about early printing processes. It was quite a job and makes me feel totally spoiled because of our modern day technologies.

Here is the printing press and down below you will see the type setting room. Imagine setting the type for each page and placing the little letters in opposite from the way they will appear on the page. I think I'd get confused easily!
No comments:
Post a Comment