Sunday, 13 January 2008

The Sacred Grove

Welcome to Palmyra, N.Y! This is where I got to spend my Christmas Holidays this year. My Mom and Dad are serving a full-time mission in this lovely place and they live in a little apartment about 1 minute from the Smith Farm and the Sacred Grove. Since Joseph Smith's experience started in the Sacred Grove, so will we!
Obviously, it isn't Spring, so the place had on its winter wear. It was still lovely and peaceful and I took a walk nearly every day I was here. How many people get to be in the Sacred Grove on Christmas Day, I ask you? It was fabulous and I loved the feel of the Spirit. Great things happened in this place and it truly is a sacred spot.

Here is one of the "Witness Trees". These trees are old enough to have been here in 1820 when Joseph came to pray. They are very large trees and you can't help but hug them when you think about what they witnessed that Spring morning so long ago. There are only 5 witness trees left, I believe, and it won't be too many years before they have all died. So, I just had to jug one.

No comments:

Post a Comment