Sunday, 6 April 2008

Wilsden Falls

Look at this beautiful place! We are in a little town called Wilsden which is about 20 minutes from Haworth. Some of you might remember me mentioning it before. I came to visit here back in November and posted some pictures from Top Withering in my 2007 blog posts. Anyway, I love coming here and was happy to come back for Easter Weekend. Here is a view of the bridge we could see from out on the dales.There are five of us taking this little walk. Around the tree you will find Lynette Morris, Sarah Bourne, Heidi Eldredge, and Tasha Harvey. It's Tasha's parents who allowed us to invade their home for the weekend much to our delight! We took this little walk to get to some fabulous water falls. The dales were green and very boggy due to the bad weather we've been having. We got ourselves ankle deep in mud and had a fun time cleaning it all off of our shoes when we got home again.
These next three shots are my favorites! I just loved this place and if I lived here I would walk on this trail as often as possible. There is another name for these falls other than what I've termed them, but it's an ugly name and I can't remember it. I didn't really want to remember it because it doesn't do the place justice at all!
We had rain, hail, snow, and a bit of sunshine while out on this walk. The weather on the Yorkshire Dales changes every few minutes and we got to experience it first hand. Luckily we had the right kinds of clothing on for all types of weather and did get a break from the worst of it once we made it to the falls themselves.
Don't you all want to just fly over now just so you can hike here? What a place!
The sun came out right when I took this picture, so that was a nice little blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment