Friday, 23 May 2008

Nunnington Hall

Well, I've had a very busy month of May. After spending so much time on academic work in April and not going anywhere at all the entire month, I've tried to make up for that this month. It's been tons of fun getting back out now that the weather is a bit warmer and less wet. My first travel site was Nunnington Hall. It's a former family manor nestled on the banks of the River Rye. This above picture is a view from the back garden. As we know by now, stately manor's always have lovely gardens and this one is no different. We were here just as the spring flowers were about ready to die and the summer foliage was beginning to bud. I hear that the roses in this garden are glorious in the summer, so I'll have to come back and see them!
Here I am under an archway leading to a small garden right on the banks of the river. I love stone archways like this and may have to build one in any future home I might have just to remind me of England and manor houses!
Here is a close up of the building and the gorgeous tulips. Daffodils seem to be the the spring flower of choice in York so it was fun to find some tulips somewhere.
This is one of the little sequestered spots of the garden. I liked this place and as you can see from the bushes in the background, the leaves are just coming out at last.
This is a view from the drive way. My back is to the house, so this is what you see when you look out the windows on the side of the house. What a view to have each morning, ey? I love these quaint old bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment