Friday, 18 March 2011

Rosedale Walk

Wow. I can't believe I haven't posted anything on here since last September. Sorry folks. I've been very busy. But, I am determined to catch up at least a little on some of the pictures you might like to see! England is so lovely that I just have to share.

A few of us took a lovely walk last Autumn around Rosedale, so here are a few of the pictures from that.
Here we are from a distance (above picture) and up close (below picture). This walk lasted all day and we rambled all around the lovely countryside around Rosedale. Ian Wilson, the man in charge of the ramble, managed to get us lost, so we had a fun time exploring and getting into all sorts of interesting dead ends. But! That's part of the fun of rambling.

Julie Wilson is in front, Denise Ford (in back on left) and Caroline Oliver (in back on right) are the women in the picture. Denise isn't much of an outdoor woman and when Caroline splattered us all with mud (without realizing she did) Denise was a bit horrified! Hee, hee! I don't mind the mud as many of you know.
And then, of course, after rambling for many hours in these green dales, we came upon this lovely little cafe and just had to stop and have something to drink. I think Ian treated us all to some hot chocolate, so we were able to put our feet up and enjoy it. Unfortunately, Ian and Julie Wilson will shortly be moving way down south to Dorset, so we will be losing our hiking buddies. That will certainly be sad because we've had a lot of fun together over the years since I've known them.

Denise isn't aware at the moment that this picture was taken that she will soon be facing a very steep climb up the Rosedale road back to the car park, but we didn't tell her that! I think she said, once she got to the top, that her back had never been so sweaty in its entire life! I think she needs to get out more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment