
Welcome to Winter in York! York got hit hard again early this winter with the most snow they've had in 30 years! I think we had 10 inches or something like that and boy did the city come grinding to a halt. I found it really frustrating because nobody shovels their walks and therefore I could neither walk around, nor ride my bike without being in serious danger of bodily injury of various sorts. I'm too practical for this kind of situation and still can't believe how the British don't seem to know how to use snow shovels!

But aside from that, all the snow was beautiful. Someone decided to build a big sculpture on the Minster grounds.

And then, of course, the ruins in Museum gardens were fun to photograph. The sun came out just at the right time too!

I wasn't the only photographer who went out to take pictures on this lovely day. The snow was too fresh to have turned into the sheets of ice it would be in later, so this was the safest time to be out.

I love those Monkey trees already, but a snow-covered Monkey tree is quite special!

Narnia anyone? That's exactly what I thought of when I saw this lamp post. I kept expecting Mr. Tumnus to show up with his arms full of packages. Alas, he did not. I'm probably too old for him to visit me! I didn't see the White Witch's sleigh, either, so that's a relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment