Friday, 16 November 2007

I'm in York



Welcome to my life in England! More specifically, my life in York. When I left the U.S. in August, I came without having any permanent lodgings. However, I have been truly blessed to find suitable lodgings. I live in a flat that is located about a five minute's walk from York City Center. It is conveniently next to the river Ouse (pronounced ooze!) with its lovely trail walk. It is also close to the museum park where you can find squirrels, pigeons, people and lovely ruins of an old cathedral.

The top picture is our street. Most of the other flats (not apartments here) are Bed and Breakfasts, so our neighborhood is safe and usually nice and quiet. If any of you want to come and visit, I'm sure you could all stay in one of the B&B's right next to us. Unfortunately, our flat isn't that big and there isn't a lot of room for tons of overnight guests. The bottom picture is the outside of our flat. Our door is the left one and our windows are the upstairs ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment