Monday, 19 November 2007
River Ouse Walk
If you go out of my front door, take a right and then walk about 50 yards, you will come to the River Ouse (ooze). There is a lovely river walk trail there that goes up and down the river for many miles. For all of you Provo River-trail buffs, it's the same idea. Lots of people walk here, many bring their dogs along and many ride their bikes. I was very pleased to live so close to a place like this because the Provo River Trail was one of my favorite haunts and it was a wrench leaving it behind. The ducks you see below are all over the place and they are very interested and very brave if you bring bread crumbs along. The one on the left of the picture liked to nip at my legs when I didn't feed him enough. He even left a bruise!
Here is a view of the trail along one of the loveliest spots. You can't see the river too well, but it's on the right hand side and very often there are rowing teams working out here. Their coaches will sometimes ride bikes along this trail and use megaphones to shout out corrections and other instructions to the rowers. It's very cool and I come here and watch them when I get a chance to. I might try some rowing if that is possible.
This is a view very close to my flat. You are looking at Lendal bridge in the far distance and the bridge close up is the for the railroad and for bikers and pedestrians. We are fairly close to the train station, so luckily the trains coming through here are going relatively slowly and don't make much noise. Thankfully, they are not required by law to toot their horns at every intersection, so we are not awakened by that sound at night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment