Friday, 30 November 2007

The Preston Temple

The Preston Temple!



















As always, it's rather exciting to see a temple anywhere you go and it was really a fun day to come here. Preston is about 1.5 hours away from York and the stake made a coach available early one Saturday morning for us to ride in. We left at 7:30 a.m. and were home about 5:30. I haven't spent and entire day at the temple before, so it was new to me, but I enjoyed being immersed in temple work for so many hours in a row!

The temple is lovely on the inside and reminds me a bit of the Mt. Timpanongos Temple in many ways. We ate in the cafeteria for lunch and really had a nice day. There is also an MTC on these grounds as well as a Family History Center and a small Distribution Center.


Here is a portrait of myself, Christy Shields, and Lynette (can't remember her last name). They are all fellow students from the states and both of them come from various parts of CA. They are very nice and I got to know them a bit better on the bus ride up and back. I believe Christy is studying Art History and Lynette is in Medieval Studies.













These next two shots are pictures I took while wandering the grounds. I know the weather looks really gray and it was REALLY cold outside. So, it wasn't too much fun to be blown about in the freezing wind as I tried to take pictures. But, I'm pleased with them and it was worth facing the cold to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment