
Hi! I know it's been a while since I posted something new. Sorry about that, but it's been a busy time for me. So, let's review what's been happening since my last post. In mid-November 2008 I moved house. I couldn't afford to live in the Longfield Terrace flat by myself and I was unable to find a suitable LDS roommate to share the expenses with me. (Though when I was in the Graduate Administration Office one day, some random forty-something man suggested that I allow him to be my flatmate--Hilarious suggestion!) So, I found a room in a different house where some of the LDS young single adults in our ward live. (Their names are Sarah, Rachel, and Katie) It's a bit cheaper, though the location isn't as good. It's about 20 minutes further from town than I like, but one can't have everything. I can afford it and the girls I live with are nice, so at present I'm contented. Here is a shot of the house on a day where we had a dusting of snow. Luckily I moved in before the snow storms started, so that was nice.

This next shot shows the road in front of the house so that you can see the neighborhood I live in. Unfortunately, Byland Ave has a bad reputation in York. Further down this part of the road you are looking at is a bunch of government subsidized housing and those apparently attract all sorts of people with drug problems and other issues. York city council has done a lot to try and clean up the area, so that's something. We actually live in the 'safe' part of the street, so hopefully there aren't as many reasons to be disturbed about my safety.

This shot is the other end of the street--the 'safer' end. I often walk this way to catch one of the buses that takes me into town. I also walk this way if I walk to the University. It takes me about 40 minutes--rapid walk--to get there from here. It's not bad and I often make that walk part of my regular workouts.
No comments:
Post a Comment