
Welcome to Niagara Falls--from the American side of the river. Through the mist you can vaguely see the Canadian Falls (I have a better shot later) from this position. All of the walkways on the American side are closed in the winter--too much ice, so this is the best you get if you go there in the winter.

This is a view of American Falls from the American side. Again, you just can't get any closer than this, but one does still get a feel for the falls even at this distance.

We had to go across the border into Canada to get these next pictures. There is just too much ice over on the American side. The Canadian side is great and it was well worth the trouble going through the boarder guards into Canada. I found myself experiencing a bit of vertigo as I tried to get as close to the falls as I could. It's a powerful site, all of this water, and the sound of it tumbling down is incredible. I'd recommend a visit here, especially if one could come in the summer months and really enjoy all of the attractions and nice weather. There is a small video clip at the bottom of this for you to enjoy if you want to see and hear it.

Isn't this a lovely picture? All of that mist flying around creates some great rainbows! Nice! In the far right hand corner you get a glimpse of American Falls.

Here I am all bundled up because it was really cold! At least the sun was shining, even if it really wasn't warming things up at all. The mist was thick and as you can see behind me, everything gets covered with layer after layer of ice.

I thought this was amazing. The wind blows here and you can see how much by the way the icicles are all bent.
how beautiful. that is one of the many places that i would like to go and see, if we ever make it back to the states
ReplyDelete